Sunday, August 2, 2009

a fort and a fella.

okokok, so I'm just going to pretend like I haven't been completely absent from the world of blogging all 
summer and I'm just going to jump right in, kapiche?

this past weekend I had one of the most fun friday nights I've had in awhile.  I'd planned on
 just reading all night (currently reading "o Pioneers!" by Willa Cather), but when my boyfriend got off work early our plans changed and we had a fabulous night.  

On a whim the two of us transformed our living room into a giant fort.  Neither of us had built one since we were young kids and we realized that the three-foot tall forts draped from chairs and couches would not work for us (as both of us are quite tall).  So we attached some of the numerous textiles that I've acquired over the years to the ceiling and 
created a giant fort/tent filled with pillows and blankets.  We spent the evening eating blueberries, drinking margaritas and playing cards.

I found some other beautiful 
tents, proving that you are never too old to have fun with forts!

1 comment:

Carole Buschmann said...

I loved this post, because you come from a long line of tent creators.