Friday, October 14, 2011

SNEAK PEAK!!!!

Here is a little sneak peak of what I've been working on.... the Kansas City Ballet's World Premiere of Tom Sawyer, a Ballet in 3 Acts!

Tonight is the World Premiere of this amazing all American ballet. We have been working on building these costumes, designed by Holly Hynes, since July, and I am so excited to finally see them in action, and on stage!

The other exciting aspect of this big event is that we are performing in the brand new, world class Kauffman Center of the Performing Arts

I snapped these photos of the theater yesterday on my way to rehersal

this is a costumers dream, a full rack of finished costumes!

JEWELS! even a ballet set in the 1800's needs some bling!

some swirly goblin hats!

...now that I've whetted your Tom Sawyer appetite you should all come to the show and see the costumes, beautiful sets, and amazing dancers!

4 comments:

Carole Buschmann said...

I'll be there!!

meredith lockhart said...

what a fun job!! Making costumes! When I was a kid I did ballet. But I have to admit, I never was too fond of my scratchy costumes. eek!

Joey said...

we try to avoid scratchy costumes here. they are the WORST!

Sandy a la Mode said...

love those outfits! and you have such a sweet joB!! i really want to go visit that new center sometime (I'm a fellow KC blogger too)!! :D