Tuesday, January 24, 2012

dirty little secret







okay, heres my secret.....I HATE taking showers in the winter....are you totally grossed out?? heres the deal, it's not the actual shower, I love being all warm in a hot shower, its the getting out and being freezing for forever and having to do something with my massive amount of wet hair and all of the personal grooming that goes into a gals (at least this gal's) post shower routine! I am constantly amazed that my husband can take a shower and be entirely ready to go in 10 minutes. It takes me at least an hour to recover from a shower and I never feel like I can really warm back up! ( disclaimer...I am a big fan of the cat bath, a washcloth and a sink can mask, i mean, clean a lot!) Why am I admitting all this?? well, this is my roundabout way of trying to justify my crazy top-knot/ Pebbles Flinstone hair. This is the only hairstyle that I can muster after 4 days of not showering... oh the lengths I'll go to in order to not be cold!! sheesh!
have a wonderful/warm day!

outfit details: coat & boots: Forever 21, jeans: American Apparel, blouse: thrifted

3 comments:

Carole Buschmann said...

Revealed!! but still cute!

Bridget said...

Love the setting for the pictures, it's amazing. It has such a gritty feel. I know how you feel about the showers. My hair always takes forever to dry!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about showers, but I suffer through them in the winter. I'm older than you and my skin can't take frequent showers this time of year.