Tuesday, August 24, 2010

flags and flowers

this post is more about wedding crafts rather than my outfit, but I did want to show off this cute flower skirt that I got this summer at the NYC H &M  (which I looove).  
outfit details: skirt:H&M, top: Walmart, shoes: Aldo
Now, on to the main event.. notice those flags behind me?  these are one of the many projects that I've been working on to decorate my upcoming nuptials (only 11 days till the big day).... I rather like how they look strung in my backyard, I may have to hang them about after the wedding.
check out this fuzzy caterpillar I found! so cool!
The flags were really pretty easy to make... here's how...

I made a template (out of a magazine page) it measure 6" long and 3 1/2" across
using the template I cut the fabric ...
and once I had lots of different colors.... I strung them together on twine, using a zigzag stitch on my sewing machine!

..et voila!  I can't wait to see how they look all strung up at the wedding!





3 comments:

ATTITUDEINABUNDANCE said...

Denim shirt, tan belt and print skirt; I want ittt.

www.purelovefashionn.blogspot.com x

Tokyo fashion-HOLIC said...

Love your floral skirt!!!

XX

Vicki said...

I love the bunting!!! i bought this and hung it all over my brothers apt for his birthday as a surprise! love your outfit too :) x