Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Union Station


I've mentioned it before, but just as a recap,I'll let you know that I am lucky enough to hold a great job as a costumer for the Kansas City Ballet.... along this vein there is a lot of new and exciting things happening in my world of work (and in Kansas City) The first being that there is a brand new Performing Arts Center, that we (the ballet, as well as the Lyric Opera and the Symphony) will be using! It is a lovely and innovative building and I can't wait to use the new space for our fall show! The second exciting news has been all consuming for me and my co-workers for the past month, the ballet itself has a new home, The Todd Bolender Center for Dance and Creativity! This is the space where all of the pre-performance magic happens. There are studios where the dancers rehearse, offices from which the business is run and (dumdumdum) a lovely costume shop! Where yours truely is priveliged to work!

Our new building is adjacent to our city train station, Union Station, which makes a lovely backdrop for photos, what with the trains zooming by and all. I've had fun exploring the area on my down time and can't wait to take some romantic/nostalgic feeling outfit+train photos, but for now, alas, you get my moving clothes (shorts and a tee) and some trains zooming by!

outfit details: shirt: Target, shorts: thrifted, shoes: Steve & Barry's

No comments: